PDA

View Full Version : Points to Pollies

massmusic
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I've got a newbie like brain cramp here. Been trying to make some sprayed points in to pollies for a simulated star field, but can't seem to remember how. I spray my points, select em, click points to polly button and no pollies are created.;D
This is embaraskin as Popeye would say

Surrealist.
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Are you sure?

A quick checklist.

Go to polygon select mode and hit w for statistics and look at the top of the panel. There should be a number there that tells you how many polys are in the layer. If you click the + they will be seleceted - will unselect.

If they are not there, then the plugin is corrupt and you will have to take steps to corrdct that.

massmusic
04-05-2007, 01:28 PM
The pannels check out. I can even surface the "alleged point polly" but it I can not make it render.

arsad
04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
well make sure you don't try tor render 1 or 2 point polys or edges with the new cameras.
The only cam able to render this stuff is the "old" classic camera.
(All this valuable for LW9)

Surrealist.
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Well that's interesting. I did not know that.

But this brings up another problem. The Modeler tool is working. Just a matter of getting them to render then.

massmusic
04-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I didn't know that either. Yea the darn thing appears to be working, but then again my system has been wacky as of late. Takes LW & LWM about 20 seconds or more to load. BTW, Arsad I only use the classic cam as I am old school.

Surrealist.
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Well let us no if you get it going or maybe give some more details on your scene information, what you are trying to do and somebody can try it out. Maybe even upload the scene as a zip if need be. (7 zip is free)