PDA

View Full Version : So annoying

adrian
04-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever done this? Hidden part of an object thinking it was not subpatched when it was, only to unhide it and then part of the object is subpatched (ie Tabbed) but most of it isn't?

Is there an easy way to just tell lightwave to make the whole object into a subpatch object rather than have to search for the individual polys, select them and then press TAB?

Dan_NT
04-05-2007, 09:06 AM
If you press W to bring up the Statistics panel (make sure you are set to Polygons) then you can select only subpatched polygons by pressing the + button next to the fourth item down: "SubPatches"

adrian
04-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks :) I've only been using LW since 2000 so you would have thought that I would've learnt that by now :lol:

bobakabob
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
The Stats panel is very useful for fine checking geometry and seeking out individual polygons which may be deeply hidden in a mesh.

bobakabob
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks :) I've only been using LW since 2000 so you would have thought that I would've learnt that by now :lol:

Heh... Me too I must have been a couple of years into LW before discovering just how essential this humble little panel was in Modeler.:D

hrgiger
04-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Adrian, the stats panel is the easiest way as mentioned above to resolve this issue. It is a bit of a workflow killer though.

What I have done is just set in my mind a 'default' state that polygons must be in before I ever hide geometry. I always unsubpatch before I hide any geometry. That way, I know when I unhide, my mesh will all be in a uniform state. It took me a while, but now I do it without thinking about it.

adrian
04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Believe it or not, I also make my mind up to set as un-subpatched when I hide.... trouble is, sometimes I get so "into" what I'm doing I forget! :)

Anyway using the stats panel makes it a snitch to fix.