PDA

View Full Version : Basic LW support

Captain Chaos
04-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I hate to keep cluttering up the board with my newbie questions. Are there better places to find answers? I just need help with key commands and other simple stuff.

Dan_The_Man
04-05-2007, 10:41 AM
If you want to view or even edit your key commands in LightWave you can press Alt/Option + F9 (Alt on a PC, Option on a Mac) to bring up the Configure Keys menu. You can map any command to a wide range of key strokes.

On a similar note, Alt/Option + F10 will bring up the Configure Menus screen allowing you to rename any command and put it where you find it most suitable.

Both menus allow you to search for plugins with the Search button and find the key-stroke attached to them or where they are in the menu by pressing the Find button. Both menus also allow you to save out your current configuraiton for back-up purposes or if you simply want to import it to another computer.

MysteryMonkey
04-09-2007, 08:59 PM
If you want to view or even edit your key commands in LightWave you can . . .

Is there a printable file of keyboard commands for v9 (or 9.2) located anywhere?

JeffrySG
04-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I already asked for such a thing in a different thread... Someone was nice enough to post this PDF for me!

Hope it helps!

Jeff

LightWave Keyboard Shortcuts

MysteryMonkey
04-09-2007, 09:42 PM
. . . Hope it helps! . . . LightWave Keyboard Shortcuts

I don't know how I missed that thread but that is exactly what I've been looking for for awhile.

Thanks!

gatz
04-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Here's a different layout that allows for more legible type. It's a 2 page PDF Layout and Modeler print on one side, Graph editor and the shift + opt commands on the 2nd. It isn't password protected so you can edit it in Illustrator or Acrobat. The commands haven't been updated it for 9.2.

rg

MysteryMonkey
04-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Here's a different layout that allows for more legible type. rg

Very Good! Thank you too.

I just have to ask, where do they keep these things hidden away?

gatz
04-10-2007, 01:46 AM
Right now it's in a folder on my machine called ref card, and here of course. It's home brew;)

rg

MysteryMonkey
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Right now it's in a folder on my machine called ref card, and here of course. It's home brew;) rg

Well if you did that all on your own you deserve at least a :thumbsup:

That list is great, especially if you can do like I did and scaled it up to an 11" x 17" format and print it out on a color printer. Easier to read that way and it looks good enough to put up on the wall or laminate.

Thanks again!