PDA

View Full Version : Dynamics Dilemma

Sibylline
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello guys :) im back for more hehe

I've recently laid off modeler and played around in layout with some dynamics.
i pretty much understand how cloth and soft body dynamics work...just cant get my head around something.
What if you have an object which behaves like a soft and hard body?
my specific example is these type of office blinds (http://www.blinds-bar.co.uk/images/main_vert.jpg)
they are more or less flexible, yet hard...and they also have multiple pivot points where they are fixed.
The reason i want to know is because ive taken to design a little office image for my website, and would like to re-create the subtle wind blowing on them as they move about gently while colliding with each other.
would i need to make each blind segment a seperate object?
if you can even forward me to a page where a tutorial on dynamics can be found id be more than thankful, i may be able to draw my own conclusions then.
Thanx up front :)

JGary
04-04-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't have an answer for you, but I would like to know it as well. I recently had to explode a monster mesh using dynamics, and found that hard fx worked best for the actual explosion, but wanted the chunks to squish and stick when they hit the wall, more like soft fx would do. I tried combining the two types on the same object, but that gave me some crazy results. I also tried using cloth fx for the chunks, but it looked more like a exploding baloon with that. Didn't figure it out in time, and ended up having to go with hard fx only and had the chunks mostly fly off camera to avoid seeing the bounce off the walls as rigid objects.