PDA

View Full Version : Deck Control Improvements

wmcole
04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
1. Create a single control that will start the input deck rolling AND cause SpeedEDIT to start capturing. (i.e. make it a single step instead of two-step operation).

2. Since SE is already looking at the incomming TC (for AutoChop), allow capture in- / out-point to be set by the user so SE only captures between those points. If the deck is parked at the inpoint, allow a user settable pre-roll span to be set so the deck can be "up to speed" at the time the in-point is played onto the IEEE-1394 for capture.

3. For output to DV/HDV/DVCProHD on IEEE-1394, provide user settings for "record delay" so that, with an appropriate deck and pr-striped tape, one might be able to pull off a frame accurate assemble edit.

4. Implement sony protocol via COMx for RS-422 deck control. There are a number of DV, DVCAM, DVCPro, XDCam etc. decks that can take A/V/Metadata over IEEE-1394 and deck control over RS-422 for frame-accurate inserts and assembles.

5. Provide output options to do inserts and assembles (to decks that are capable of supporting these operations.)

BeniToaster
04-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Hola
I have asked for this a long time ago, rs422 slave mode so that capture can be controlled from external editor or deck, that can make SpeedEDIT a real DDR.

ScorpioProd
05-02-2007, 12:08 AM
One of the first things needed in the deck control area, I'm not sure if I'd call it a feature request or a bug fix, but...

You may notice, unlike the capture panel, if you try to print to tape, you can NOT control scanning of your deck!

This really, really needs to be fixed or added, if you want to call it a feature.

Roland2
10-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Roland2

Have you tested capture wirth speededit in slave mode ? And what is with play from speededittimeline over rs-422 remote ? Need we an Null-Adapter to change the RX TX wires ?