PDA

View Full Version : New user question on the hub

MaureenD
04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I have been using the 30 day trial version of LW9 for several days - my company will be purchasing the full version next week.

As of yesterday though, the hub options in the upper right corner of modeler that allow you to send to layout, synchronize layout, etc., are now dimmed out. This is with the hub, layout and modeler all running. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a problem of just using the trial version?

It was working the other day so not sure what's going on.

BazC
04-03-2007, 08:39 AM
If your thirty days have expired Lightwave will be running in "Discovery" mode and the hub will be disabled.

FilSmith
04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Also sometimes Lightwave can be flaky when it comes to the hub. A restart is sometimes needed to get it up and working again.

MaureenD
04-03-2007, 08:57 AM
I still have 26 days on the Trial, but restarting did the trick - actually restarting the whole computer, not just the application.

Thanks for the info :)

FilSmith
04-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah the hub is flaky to say the least :) If you ever have troubles with it, and don't want to restart there is another work around. Once you've updated your object in Modeler and saved it you can, in Layout, select Items>Replace>with object, select the newly saved version, and it will essentially "update" from "old" to "new" :) Tedious if you have to do it alot, but does the trick if only for a few objs and the hub is having a case of the Mondays on you :)