PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave to be featured in new Babylon 6 feature film...

archiea
04-02-2007, 07:28 PM
...happy belated april fools..

http://www.trophies2go.com/images/productimages/10163k712g.jpg

teehee...

geothefaust
04-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Errr......

You really had my hopes up.

:(

eyelandarts
04-02-2007, 09:48 PM
errrr. there is a new Babylon 5 in the works and they are using LW. Not sure to what extent though

colkai
04-03-2007, 02:31 AM
As far as I know, they intend to stick with LW for most, if not all of the work, can't recall where I read it, but it was a comment from the FX house themselves I think.

Dirk
04-03-2007, 04:12 AM
You mean that?

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3971&page=2

colkai
04-03-2007, 05:12 AM
You mean that?

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3971&page=2
ahh, the very thing. :)

As was the case on the original B5, the work is being done in Lightwave, with Digital Fusion for compositing.

archiea
04-03-2007, 11:29 AM
By the way archiea, FPrime 3 is out!

What the!!... :D

KillMe
04-03-2007, 11:34 AM
pahhhhhhhh doesn't anyone remember "It was the last of the babylon stations" =)

hrgiger
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Perhaps he's trying to get an early start on next years April Fools since he missed this year.

It's hard to fall for a thread that you don't care anything about. What is Babylon or Babylon 6 for that matter? I have a girlfriend, so I wouldn't know.

colkai
04-04-2007, 02:34 AM
What is Babylon or Babylon 6 for that matter? I have a girlfriend, so I wouldn't know.
PAH! :eek:
Call yourself a LW guy? ;)

As if you didn't know, B5 - the reason a heck of a lot of us got into LW in the first place. Ron Thornton - the guy that launched a 1000 obsessions. :D

Bog
04-04-2007, 03:31 AM
Perhaps he's trying to get an early start on next years April Fools since he missed this year.

It's hard to fall for a thread that you don't care anything about. What is Babylon or Babylon 6 for that matter? I have a girlfriend, so I wouldn't know.

Funny. My significant other bought me Babylon 5 as boxed sets for our first Christmas together.

If you're saying "I have a girlfriend, so I don't watch sci-fi", maybe you should have picked better ;)

The above statement is for humourous purposes only and not an actual criticism of your girlfriend who I've never met and can therefore know nothing about but I'm sure she's very nice really. For someone who doesn't like sci-fi.

colkai
04-04-2007, 04:32 AM
Amen. :D
My missus loves SF and we happily sit and watch everything from B5 to SG1 to, at the top of the list, Firefly and Serenity. :)

Musta been a right choice seeing as we are less than 12 weeks away from our Silver anniversary :)

hrgiger
04-04-2007, 05:13 AM
Well, I was being funny, but seriously, my girlfriend is great in most cases but when it comes to Sci-Fi, she's a real buzzkill...I've just recently broken her in with 24. I got her watching Oz too which is a surprise, she usually doesn't like gratuitous violence and all the other fun things in life. But Sci-Fi, no way. I like Sci-Fi but I have yet to find a Sci-Fi show I actually like. Never liked any Star Treks or any derivative of. More of a Star Wars fan and George Lucas p|ssed me off so bad with Episode II, I don't know how much I like that anymore either. I'm more into movies then TV, but recently with Netflix, it has been tv series I watch but little Sci-Fi. The Sorpranos (as you may have noticed from my avatar), Six Feet under, 24 (bigtime), and most recently Oz. That's all the stuff we watch together.
My "have a girlfriend" comment was more poking fun at the whole conception of the Trekie (think of that weird group that met in that guys barn in Dude, where's my car).

colkai
04-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Well, I was being funny

I got that. ;) :thumbsup:

Bog
04-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Try her with Firefly (not Serenity. Not yet). More than one fervent loather of Sci-Fi has been broken to the genre with that little gem... ;)

BeeVee
04-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Join us, join us!

/me is a browncoat and proud

T-Light
04-04-2007, 07:00 AM
The girlfriend loved Babylon 5, She tried getting me into it and it didn't wash, I think the first series was OK? can't remember, but of course the effects were great :thumbsup:

But, these days, it would have to have a massive update to the scripts and acting levels to compete with Battlestar, that show just makes everything look soooo dated.

geothefaust
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
You said it. Battlestar is amazing... You'd be hard pressed to find something better.

I also happen to enjoy SG-1. :D

Yog
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
For the new film I heard they are going uber geeky and using Lightwave 5.7 for the production, as made famous by Ron Thornton ... by mistake :D