PDA

View Full Version : Incredible realtime FX in new Crysis game

DonJMyers
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Check http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/media.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;videos for a new lowres video (also in HD which looks amazing) of the new Cry engine 2 video game environment being used in Germany to make the highly awaited game Crysis (due this fall). The video I'm talking about was posted 4/2.

Realtime motion blur, DOF, radiosity, destructible everything, volumetrics, huge environments, 3D water, interactive level design, parametric animations, photoreal humans, translucent foilage, rope physics, explosion physics, gasp!

It's the first video game I can show to people running at 1-2K and they will say "wow that looks real!" Looking forward to running it on 64 bit vista for really huge environments. Too bad I don't have a directx 10 card.

Weepul
04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
This definitely looks like one of the most beautiful up-and-coming games. Not as good as prerendered content can be, but very impressive even when compared to many games' prerendered cinematics from a few years ago!

I wonder what kind of beast of hardware will be needed to get smooth framerates with everything on... :D

archiea
04-02-2007, 08:02 PM
THIS is what I've been waiting for to lock myself in my condo and just open the door for the pizza delivery and to throw out the trash from said pizza delivery... with the latter being mostly optional

Stooch
04-03-2007, 01:16 AM
yep been keeping an eye on this for a while now. waiting with my card in hand

Matt
04-03-2007, 02:15 AM
I hope the PC I just bought can run this sucker! Any idea when it's out, been waiting a while for this!

DonJMyers
04-03-2007, 02:52 AM
It is coming out around Halloween 2007 along with Grand Theft Auto 4, a superstar game that games out every few years and Spore, a game also in production for years. No good games to play all year until right at the end and all at once! I played grand theft auto san andreas alone for over nine months before it got boring! Take about feast and famine.

They claim Crysis will be scalable down to machines that are two years old, because that was the target development platform.

And regarding "optional" pizza box trashing, what's wrong with a composte pit in the corner? It's e-friendly!

caesar
04-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, I´m still waiting for the new ATI DX 10 cards, but they´re reaching 7 months late of intial launch date.....the new geforce 8 cards are still with drivers problemas under vista, so ....I totally dissapointed....