PDA

View Full Version : CGChallenge XX - EON contest... I won the 3rd place...

alvin_cgi
03-31-2007, 04:25 PM
I won the 3rd place in CGChallenge XX - EON contest, here is the link to gallery page.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66241

Digital Hermit
03-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Man, I read EON when I was in the (1st) Gulf War... It was a huge paperback, if I recall....

"War… Days of endless boredom... punctuated with moments of sheer terror."

Anyway, congratulations! Good-looking images and animation.

AbnRanger
04-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Man, I read EON when I was in the (1st) Gulf War... .You were there too? Cool. What unit did you serve with? I was in the 82nd ABN DIV...stayed in little tents for the first 4months or so (near Abquaq...not far from the Dahran airbase).
The females you'd see riding in the vehicles with their husbands (women can't drive their there), look like Ninjas with their black burkas.

sandfish
04-01-2007, 12:07 PM
I think your work and also the 2nd place are more impressive than the 1st place. The ship has a very tech and interesting design.

Digital Hermit
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
You were there too? Cool. What unit did you serve with? I was in the 82nd ABN DIV...stayed in little tents for the first 4months or so (near Abquaq...not far from the Dahran airbase)...

Wow, small world! I was with 18th Aviation Brigade, 2/159th Aviation (The Chinooks) outta Ft. Bragg, also. :beerchug: I was in Dhahran when all the Scuds came a visiting. (don't care what people say... that Patriot Missile System rocked!)

I do not want hijack this guys thread... maybe we should start a "Lightwave Military Veterans" thread. -heh- :D