PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Got it.

shockwave
06-22-2003, 07:33 AM
I Finally saved up enough to buy a copy of Lw and i am now up and running.Before I was using the Discovery Disk.
My question is ,how to reduce the window to make room for the numerics panel in modeller. When i open the program the window is too big but can be moved around and shrunk a bit by pulling the sides but not enough. When I make it fit by hitting my restore down tab it fits ok but now wont do anything. This was the same with the Demo. Other than this everyting works fine. My OS is Win-XP .
Any ideas?;)

Psyhke
06-22-2003, 07:22 PM
What display resolution are you working at? Can you up your resolution in order to get yourself some more real estate to work with?

toby
06-22-2003, 08:56 PM
congrats on getting LW! It rocks! You rock dude! :cool:

shockwave
06-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Thanks. My resolution is really good, I just want to move the window over in modeller to make room for the numerics panels.:rolleyes:

toby
06-23-2003, 09:58 PM
i'm on a mac so forgive my terminology - one of those buttons at the top-left (right?) of every window is the full-screen switch, right? can't you un-full screen it and size it the way you want?

colkai
06-24-2003, 04:22 AM
Welcome to the family,
Don't let the arguing cousins put you off, you'll find most of the time, guys here are helpful ;)
Advice, read the manuals, yeah, it's a bane but it will give you some real "ohhh... so that's it" moments!
Then get Dan Ablans & Dave Jerrards books, hit www.flay.com for free 3rd party plugins and www.members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm
..for tutorials. Then prepare to lose any life you may have once had :D :D :D

shockwave
06-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I've been doing just that, exactly what you say. I've been doing the tutorials, got videos, as well as Inside LW. All are great stuff, I have even joined a LW user group here in Toronto. The last thing i did was buy LW 7.5. All the people that i have met have really been great and helpful. This is an awsome group to be a part of!
This is my first real model , I started out with doing the tutorials on making cutlery, bowls, pots then just jumped to this. :D

colkai
06-25-2003, 11:20 AM
If that's your first model, you are doing a damn site better than I did! :)

Those bowl/spoon tutorials are great for getting to grips with some of modellers most used tools. Which from the looks of your tank, you've put to good use!
:D

shockwave
06-25-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks! My backgroud as a Scale Modeller helps to I think. Im still doing the tuts for modelling but soon im going to concentrate on Texturing and a bit more animation. The poly count for the Tiger is about 450000. A lot went into the treads though. 1300 for each tread link and 81 links per side!:eek: Thank god for the mirror and clone tools!:D

toby
06-25-2003, 07:55 PM
don't tell me you made that in 2 days!

one VERY nice trick that I have yet to see in tutorials - actually I made a tutorial on it, I have some web space now, I'll put it back up
hold on

toby
06-25-2003, 08:28 PM
it's not advanced or anything, just hard to explain in text:

http://tmonster.greatnow.com/bevel.html

shockwave
06-25-2003, 08:47 PM
That pretty cool. I think I've done one of your tutorials. The Tiger actually took me about 2 months. I always do a test drive before buying, especially a Ferrari of a program such as LW. Plus I needed the time to save up for it. :D