PDA

View Full Version : Nucleo Pro2...Do we need this?

sonofmickel
03-30-2007, 10:57 AM
No Lightwave support in the release notes. Does this have any impact on Lightwave? Do I care? The GridIron website does not go into too much detail about the 3D side of things. I do not understand how it could make any of the 3D packages render any faster? I mean if it takes 20 hours to screamernet(Butterfly,Commander, what have you...) how can a background process in After Effects help out? Hmmm....do I really care about this...is this some new fangled UBER rebderer?!?

With Nucleo Pro 2, motion graphics artists can manage After Effects and 3D renders from one convenient spot. Simply drag projects for any of the supported applications into the Background Render Queue. Then specify the appropriate render settings and allow Nucleo Pro to initiate and manage the render in the background. Support is available for most popular 3D rendering applications, including: Maxon Cinema 4D, Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, Softimage XSI, Apple Shake, Side Effects Software Houdini, Mental Images Metal Ray, and SplutterFish Brazil.

“With the release of Nucleo Pro 2, GridIron Software further demonstrates its dedication to boosting productivity for creative professionals. Users will reap benefits with the ability to work in After Effects while 3D designs render in the background,” said Simon Hayhurst, director of product management, Dynamic Media Organization for Adobe Systems. “Our just-announced After Effects CS3 delivers outstanding performance on the latest hardware and operating systems and gives visual artists the enhanced creative tools that enable them to deliver their best work.”

Sarford
03-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Working big projects in after effects AND rendering a massive scene in the background... What kind of computer do these guys think you have?

Anyway, I use Shake so... (*shrugs*)