PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 Slow Layout redraw

WMitch
03-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm using LW 9 on a G5 and notice that the redraw in Layout is almost maddeningly slow. For each thing I move or rotate, each of the 3 viewports (even if I just use one viewport) updates individually. In LW 8.5 I never had this happen.

I have adjusted and experimented on every setting I can think of, from the resolution of the polygons in the display to playing with the OpenGL setting. Nothing is helping.

I would like to know if there is anything I can do to fix this. Thank you.

BazC
03-30-2007, 01:39 AM
OGL is being thoroughly updated at the moment, it had only just begun with LW9 If I remember rightly to get the best performance in LW9 make sure you have smoothing turned on for your surfaces and set the viewport to shaded solid or textured shaded solid.

Then play with the display settings, I think VBO has to be on, multi texturing too I think, and then try changing between GLSL and Multitexture shading.

If I've remebered right one of these should work pretty well.

The good news is that 9.2 will be out soon and OGL is much improved! Why not sign up for the open beta and use it straight away!?

WMitch
03-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the reply. The solution you offered works on a one character scene but on multiple, same problems, I'm afraid.

Activator
04-11-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm trying out 9.2 UB on a brand new MacPro dual 2.66, and the screen re-draws are JUST as slow, if not SLOWER than using LW 9 (non-UB) running under Rosetta!!

Even weirder, it takes about 15-20 seconds for the main - BLANK - windows to "draw in" when I first open the UB version...

NVIDIA GeeForce 7300 GT, 5 GIG of RAM in the MacPro, OS 10.4.9 Universal.

Chilton
04-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Activator,

This is the main Mac forum, not the Beta UB Workshop forum. Post your problems in the UB forum and you'll get an answer.

(but the phenomenon you're describing is definitely not something I've seen before, on any of the Mac Pros we've been testing on)

-Chilton

Chilton
04-11-2007, 07:32 AM
WMitch,

If you have 9, sign up for the open beta! The UB is faster across the board, even on G5s.

-Chilton

WShawn
04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi:

Here's a stupid question. I have LW 9 on a G5 and I'd like to try the open beta, but I can't find the link to get the 9.2 beta. I've poked around all over the Newtek site without luck.

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

WShawn
04-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Nevermind, read the 9.2 forum post, found the link at the registration area.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics