PDA

View Full Version : Camera overlay color solid?

Cageman
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi!

Is there a way to make the semitransparent border around the cameraview solid? Using an object can be done, but as soon as one may change the resolution, zoom or field of view, you have to adjust the object in order for it to match.

Anyone?

toby
03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
If I really want to hide anything outside of the camera view, I just resize the viewport window to fit.

Cageman
03-31-2007, 03:15 AM
Yes.. that's the only way to do it right now as far as I know...

evenflcw
04-23-2007, 08:07 AM
I made plugins for y'all! (until you get proper implementations)

First is a custom object plugin that'll cover the same areas the overlay does in solid black. Just run the ef_ShowCameraOverlay from the menu to enable and disable (this actually adds and deletes a null with the plugin applied; for convenient use). It's by no means perfect, it seems to be at most 1 pixel off at times. I recommend using the standard black overlay to get full black. Any other color will give you a slight tint towards that color. 9.0 required.

Second is simply a custom object that will show the viewport sizes. Just run the ef_ShowViewportSize from the menu to enable and disable (works as above). I suppose this could help "resize the viewport window to fit... the camera", but it'll also help get the valid resolutions when creating previews for those of us who like to use codecs that require certain pixel ratios (like divx). 9.0 required.

toby
04-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Very cool!

Cageman
04-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I made plugins for y'all! (until you get proper implementations)

First is a custom object plugin that'll cover the same areas the overlay does in solid black. Just run the ef_ShowCameraOverlay from the menu to enable and disable (this actually adds and deletes a null with the plugin applied; for convenient use). It's by no means perfect, it seems to be at most 1 pixel off at times. I recommend using the standard black overlay to get full black. Any other color will give you a slight tint towards that color. 9.0 required.

Second is simply a custom object that will show the viewport sizes. Just run the ef_ShowViewportSize from the menu to enable and disable (works as above). I suppose this could help "resize the viewport window to fit... the camera", but it'll also help get the valid resolutions when creating previews for those of us who like to use codecs that require certain pixel ratios (like divx). 9.0 required.

Hey! Long time since we spoke!

This is awesome!! :) Thanks alot for sharing this with the rest of us!

Any possibility to get a version for LW8.5 as well? The ShowCameraOverlay is something we would love to have in LW8.5 at work (we don't use LW9.0).

Take care mate!

evenflcw
04-25-2007, 04:46 AM
Hi!

There is no convenient function in the sdk for 8.5 to draw on the "pixel-plane" as there is for 9.0. It might be possible to overcome with abit of matrix math though (don't quote me on that). I'll see what I can do. No promises yet.

evenflcw
06-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Schools over and summer is here. And so is the next version of the camera overlay plugin (now called solid overlay). Now LW8.x compatible and pixel perfect by the looks of it. Try, comment and report bugs!

There are some niggles that I'm aware of, but no real showstoppers I think.

Install both the *.p and *.ls and then look for "Show Solid Overlay" in the menu editor and add it to wherever you see fit.

Cageman
06-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Whohooooo!

Works like a charm man! Thanks A TON for this! :rock: :rock: :rock: :beerchug: