PDA

View Full Version : PLG_IK help

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Is there anyone who can do a nice tut on PLG_IK? I've tried to use it a little and it seems promising for somethings, but I'll be darned if I can make much out of the documentation available. Any help would be appreciated :)

Casey :cat:

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I've loaded the sample scenes, and they seem to work right, but if I try to recreate them from scratch and apple the top modifier to the origin bone and the pl to he others in the chain, they dont bend at all and just make a straight line to the goal. What am I doing wrong?

ercaxus
03-29-2007, 02:34 PM
You have to rest the bones before activating the plugin. It needs to see which way you want to bend them.

Search the original PLG thread for some great explanation from Castius.

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I still just get a straight line of bones with no bending at all

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 03:31 PM
I've checked out that other thread and there dosen't seem o be anything there that helps my problem. Here is a simple tet set up if anyone can get i to work, tell me what's missing

Wickster
03-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Casey, perhaps this will help. The video is by nemac4, he's the guy to ask for help on anything the PLG IK plugin. Have fun.

http://www.nemac4.com/files/PLG_IK_Tips.mov

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks Wick, watching that one now along with another posted on another old thread from him. I have to say, David has such a nice voice for this. Most of the time guys have such horrible speech and mannerisms doing these screen recordings. Anyone remember that free 4 part tut a while back on one of the pay sites (can't remember which one... Edit, Just looked it up, it was simplylightwave) for making realistic water and surf and stuff? The tut was good but I couldn't stand the guy making it (:( sorry if you're reading this but....) He was mumbly and stumbled over his words and really took away from the content (In fact I didn't buy any tuts from the site because of that and didn't get past the second of the four parts)
Darn, hit submit on accident! Stupid microsecond edit rule!

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Poo, sorry, hit wrong button, anyway, thanks Wick, I hope it helps, I'll post in a bit to let everyone know

(it's kinda like watching Bambi walk for the first time, hu guys :))

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 06:06 PM
OK, still nothing, I have no idea what's going on, I've done just what he did in the video and mine just dosen't work. Here's a vid of me doing it, someone please look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong wrong?

PS, Sorry for the quality but I tried to make it small to send and I dont have a mic right now so it's quiet:)

Castius
03-29-2007, 06:49 PM
You need some bend in your bones before you rest them.

Lottmedia
03-29-2007, 07:30 PM
EUREKA!!

Thanks so much, that seemed to be it (at least some of it) I dont recall anythign saying that the bones had to be pre-bent, it never looked like it when I watched the videos. Thanks so much Castius, now lets see if this works.......