PDA

View Full Version : Is this a common CG bug?

mgrusin
02-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Hey Kids-

I'm not going to get into a political discussion about CG; I can get it to do what I need right now, so I can live with it until something better comes along.

However, my one repeatable bug with it, is that I can only open it ONCE. It will work 'fine' ;), but if I close it, and try to open it again later in the same VT session, it will always crash the Toaster.

I haven't seen this particular bug mentioned. Anyone else see this, and did you find anything specific that caused it and/or fixed it?

Thanks! -MG

Oh PS, latest build, Win2K version.

ted
02-20-2003, 03:26 AM
I just did a quick test, and using the latest build, I have Switcher in panel 1, TEd in panel 2, opened CG in panel 3, went back and forth, closed CG, went back and forth, opened CG. I did this several times and no crash.
I didn't do extensive stuff in all applications, but it seemed to work fine on this system.

All this with Explorer and two Word documents open.
I wish you luck. I know how much of a pain troubleshooting things like this are!:mad:

mgrusin
02-20-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks very much for checking, Ted - it's much appreciated.

I hate to go through the ol' reformat / reinstall to try and fix it, but I'll give it a shot when I'm done with my current project.

-MG

creach
02-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Like Ted, I have noticed that it is trouble-free to leave CG open on another desktop and switch fairly often.

But *every time* I open CG, work, then close CG, the Toaster WILL crash if I attempt to open CG again.

I must leave it open on a desktop to re-visit it.

Dan

ted
02-20-2003, 03:45 PM
I'll check it on my other systems, but as I said, "I shut CG down", not just jumped to other programs.
Interesting if more than one person is seeing this.

That's the great thing about this forum. Many times someone will post something nobody else has, only to find several people are having the same results.
There usually is some common issue. But finding what it is, is often much harder.:mad:

ted
02-20-2003, 04:22 PM
I just did the same test mentioned above, on my other 2 systems and all 3 worked fine.
What else do you have going on when this is happening?

Looks like the old un-re-install might be in order.
Funny thing is, 2 out of 3 people on this thread have the same problem:confused:

creach
02-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Uh...I apologize, Ted. *After* I hit the submit button, I realized you indicated that you HAD closed and opened CG several times...my error.

But, our system WILL crash if we re-start CG.

Build 3890, if that helps...

Dan