PDA

View Full Version : Screenies of Panther 10.3

riki
06-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Looks interesting http://deskmod.com/panther/

mwh710
06-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Very interesting. Where did you find these?

Beamtracer
06-22-2003, 12:58 AM
These look like accurate shots of Panther. They match the style of other ones floating around the web.

The "application monitor" is interesting, but is mostly eye candy. You can get the same result today from launching the Terminal application and then typing in 'top'.

However, despite the eye candy, Panther will be a wonderful OS. I've heard reports that it is further optimized, bringing a speed boost to current machines.

I was hoping it would have OS-level clustering, but I guess we would have heard about it by now if it did.

When Panther hits the streets around September, you can't assume that all current applications will run flawlessly on it. Many complex apps will need an update patch to counter any quirks of the new OS.

riki
06-22-2003, 01:15 AM
Oh I saw the link on the k10k site. Yeah I can jusy imagine some of the teething problems. I think I'll take the wait and see approach :) The good thing about my current setup is that I can backup my entire system, so if I install an update that I don't like it's not a major pain to change it back.

prajna
06-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Hi riki,

how do you backup your entire system? I know there are a few solutions out there--what's yours, and how well does it work?

toby
06-22-2003, 08:44 PM
doh!
they took it down already.
anyone get screengrabs?

riki
06-22-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi Pragna, I just bought a 120Gig external Firewire Hard Drive. Let it copy accross while I'm watching TV or having dinner. I know that there is some software to speed up the process (ie only updating new files) but I haven't sussed it out yet.