PDA

View Full Version : animation degree programs using LW?

videobear
03-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Are there any degree programs or certificate programs that use LightWave as one of their primary tools? Looked at Westwood and The Art Institute, and both of them use Maya (which I wouldn't mind learning) and 3DS Max (which I hate).

riki
03-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Maybe "Dave School", "Daves School"??? Worth a check.

greeb1957
12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I am looking for a school that specifically focuses in lightwave, if you know of anything for shure, any help would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

AbnRanger
01-01-2008, 03:26 AM
If you look under the "Community" tab above, there is the "Training Centers" selection in the drop down. DAVE school in Orlando is LW centric, plus Fusion in compositing and culminates in a movie short with each class. Probably the most thorough school you can find, LW or not, for the period of time involved.

The major drawback is the cost...staggering...but most CG-related programs are...including Westwood and Art Institute. Without some serious scholarship assistance, this would be a heavy weight around ones neck for years to come.

gthumbus
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
the DAVE school does use LW and the cost is about 30,000 to 38,000 for the corse with room and board. my son is going there this fall. best school that i have found. only found out after i had bought maya. so now i have both lw and maya.lol one pluse for DAVE school is while you go to thier school you get a season pass for unaversal studios.