PDA

View Full Version : How to chnage alpha of multiple clips

Exception
03-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I have a big project with a lot of overlays.
I'd like to make all the overlays semi-transparent.
I can select them all, but when I change the alpha property in the control tree only the last selected changes.

I've explored the toolshed but couldn't find anything that would do this. I've searched the manual, but couldn't find anything in there either.

SBowie
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Assuming you understand how the Overlay switch relates to this matter (multi-select and hit "y" to turn toggle overlay for a number of clips), you actually can create a "User Spline" in the Toolshed to do this.

Set one clip to, say Alpha 128, then - with it still selected - click New in the Tool Shed. Supply a name, then apply your new User Spline preset to multiple selected clips by clicking Perform.

Exception
03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Nice!

Thank you. Saved me a lot of time.

Rich Deustachio
03-28-2007, 05:22 PM
The toolshed is great for applying settings to many clips at once.:thumbsup:

Exception
03-28-2007, 07:05 PM
The toolshed is great for applying settings to many clips at once.:thumbsup:

Yes it is!
But it'd be nice if you could multiselect and then change a property too, as it seems a bit more intuitive and faster to work with. Is there a reason why this would be unwanted?

In LW the spreadsheet also allows such things, by documenting every single parameter of objects in the scene. Organised by tabs this allows for the mass changing of virtually everything in a second. Might be an interesting feature request for the SE spreadhseet later.

Rich Deustachio
03-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Agreed, it would be much faster.

SBowie
03-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Is there a reason why this would be unwanted?I don't think anyone would say this wouldn't be welcome.