PDA

View Full Version : How to move all key frames

vteditor
03-28-2007, 06:53 AM
No this sounds daft I know but I managed to create an anim project and I added some frames at the beging so now the anim starts at frame -125.

this isn't really an issue until I come to import the tga sequene as the first frames run in reverse so at the moment I have to keep renaming the frames.

Is there a way to move the whole animation along the time line so that it starts at frame zero?

Bog
03-28-2007, 07:04 AM
The "Classic" Scene Editor has a "Shift All Keys" control in the top right hand corner. Probably the quickest way.

lesterfoster
03-28-2007, 07:12 AM
"Shift All Keys" control in the top right hand corner.

I was going to suggest to open up your classic scene editor. But I did not know about the "Shift All Keys" control.

Thanks for the tip.;D

Bog
03-28-2007, 07:16 AM
"Scale All Key Times" in there is another favourite.

vteditor
03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
will check it out

ta v much

dablan
03-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Scale multiples, while Shift adds and subtracts.

Surrealist.
03-28-2007, 12:39 PM
In the scene editor - not the classic - you have lots of options to do this in the dope sheet. It is far more interactive -IMHO.

You can LMB click and select any key, shift to select multiples in a range.

You can alt LMB click and drag a box around frames which are now nice large boxes.

or

RMB click to bring up a menu to select all.

If you have many frames beyond the window which you can expand and contract the view of with the arrow on the slider, just drag and go beyond to where the frames you want to drag are and up and down to select the items. A box will form around the selection area.

Once a frame or frames have been selected the RMB (inside the selcted area box) gives you a menu. Under Selection you time time offset and scale options as well as many other options such as insert time and quantize.

Other functions of the classic scene editor are found in the new one with other left and right click menus in the item tab such as selction options, item coloring and visibility all context sensitive to what you click on.

Example: Want to change the color of an object, just LMB click on the item icon and select a color.

Selection options here are done with RMB click menu.

SplineGod
03-29-2007, 12:49 AM
I agree about the dopesheet. Doing it that way is far more poweful and flexible.
One of the problems with the classic scene editor is that it scales only the basic xyz, hpb etc channels. It wont scale any other channels while the new scene editor will.

Bog
03-29-2007, 01:28 AM
I agree about the dopesheet. Doing it that way is far more poweful and flexible.
One of the problems with the classic scene editor is that it scales only the basic xyz, hpb etc channels. It wont scale any other channels while the new scene editor will.

Yes, that's true - Classic won't affect morphs or anything like that. I assumed that someone doing one of their first animations would probably just be in Simple Keyframe Land.