PDA

View Full Version : Fade in/out objects and lights

vteditor
03-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi,

I have a project where I have an object that has a video as a surface texture. Is there a way to fade this object out to reveal an object behind it.

as at the moment I have to do two renders one with and one without and comp them in After effects.

Like wise is there a way to fade a light up and down i.e. key frame it's intensity?

thanks in advance

Wonderpup
03-27-2007, 03:10 PM
If you want to fade the texture key the layer opacity- to fade the object use object dissolve- light intensity will have it's own 'e' button in the light properties panel to key that. Anything in lightwave with an E button can be keyed- just click on it and the graph editor will open and allow you add keys.

Rusherific
03-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Everything in lightwave that's keyframable has an "E" button next to it (for envelope). Clicking it will open a graph window of that property where you can animate it. You can do this for a light's intensity and the video screen object's "dissolve" under it's object properties. Or you could animate the video texture's transparency

Cheers

vteditor
03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
I guessed the graph editor had something to do with it. have found and sorted it now

many thanks

Surrealist.
03-27-2007, 04:47 PM
If you want to do it in sync you can copy and paste curves with a right click in the channel bin of the graph editor on that channel and paste it to another, say an object dissolve to a light intensity. Some of the T buttons will work the same way.