PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS3 with "LightWave Rendition" plug-in?

dwburman
03-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I was just looking at the specs for Photoshop CS3 and saw something interesting.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshopextended/motiondesign/

LightWave Rendition for Adobe Photoshop

LightWave Rendition

Realize the full potential of the new 3D capabilities in Photoshop CS3 Extended with this new render plug-in, powered by the Emmy-award winning lighting and rendering system found in LightWave 3D.

cool, I guess :D

scabooba
03-27-2007, 08:46 AM
any ideas about what it actually does?

jasond
03-27-2007, 08:55 AM
If I've read the PS3 promo material correctly, your 3d object (hopefully a lwo) would be a layer in PS3, rendered by this plugin.

LAV
03-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe object(s) fully merged into a 2d scene? Anyway I think NT is basically changing its marketing strategies. :lwicon:

Lewis
03-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Whatever it's doing it's good promotion for LW :).

Wonderpup
03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
The linking of lightwave with such industry standard tools is something I would have thought NT would want to shout about- but I don't hear any shouting?

Why not?

Darth Mole
03-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Maybe because PS CS3 can handle DXF and 3DS files natively, without need for a plug-in...

"3D compositing and texture editing
Easily render and incorporate rich 3D content into your 2D composites — even edit existing textures on 3D models directly within Photoshop Extended and immediately see the results. Photoshop Extended supports common 3D interchange formats, including 3DS, OBJ, U3D, KMZ, and COLLADA, so you can import, view, and interact with most 3D models."

harlan
03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
The linking of lightwave with such industry standard tools is something I would have thought NT would want to shout about- but I don't hear any shouting?

Why not?

I'd be willing to bet that NT wasn't ready to release info regarding Rendition just yet. Adobe sort of pre-announced it perhaps. ;)

tyrot
03-27-2007, 04:51 PM
dear lewis

a great promotion, now think about the samething happens within After Effects... It would be a great thing.

BEST

Doctor49152
03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
with NAB around the corner I'm sure you'll hear all about it then.

warrenwc
03-31-2007, 12:19 PM
dear lewis

a great promotion, now think about the samething happens within After Effects... It would be a great thing.

BEST
Since Photoshop CS3 Extended will also support layers of moving video, & After Effects meshes well with PS , It's already getting pretty sweet.:thumbsup:

tonybliss
03-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Read the new LW newsletter ... it addresses this :)

Lottmedia
04-01-2007, 10:29 AM
If anyone has watched the demo vids adobe has, i may well be something like bodypaint. They are showing texturing 3d objects inside of Photoshop (as well as rotating and moving, NOT a static render) plus the feature of using Vanishing Point to create a 3d object that can be sent to AE was simply amazing. Reminded me of Carrara. Whatever it is I've already pre-ordered, I cant help watchign the vids over and over.....:)

Casey :cat:

Lottmedia
04-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Just watching a vid "import ou 3d models directly into photoshop extended and edit the texture maps directly on the models"

Casey :cat: