PDA

View Full Version : Morph over 2 layers?

simonwoods
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Daft question I have no doubt, but I have a morph on layer 1, and I need to match it to a morph on a 2nd object on layer 2 - yet when I switch to the 2nd morph, the former snaps back to base morph - whats the solution - Please! :help:

Extent
03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Are you sure you made a keyframe when you set the first morph?

simonwoods
03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah,I'm trying to view my morph set ups in modeler - no problems in LW - something to do with set morph value?

simonwoods
03-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh I just sussed it - simply make 1 morph with 2 objects -

Surrealist.
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Daft question I have no doubt, but I have a morph on layer 1, and I need to match it to a morph on a 2nd object on layer 2 - yet when I switch to the 2nd morph, the former snaps back to base morph - whats the solution - Please! :help:

This is because though morphs are attached to the layers, you can create on the "same" morph accross layers. But, in each layer it would for all purposes be a different morph, however with the same name. Since each layer is an object in it's own right, then the morph for that layer is unique to it even though it may have started out as the same name from another layer.

So the solution is to use Apply Morph if you want to apply that morph.

If you only want it as a reference, you can freeze the object in Layout by setting the display subpatch to 0 ( if it is subpatched) and use the Save Trans Object command to save it as a different object.

You can also use this object for the command, Background to Morph, in Modeler.

You will find both in the Map Tab under Morph.