PDA

View Full Version : Select polygons by ID

art
03-26-2007, 07:04 AM
I've been trying to select some polygons in OPSEL_MODIFY mode using the polSelect function. The selection process seems rather slow for larger number of polygons when compared to, for example, select loop, lasso select etc.
Is there an alternative/faster way of selecting polygons?

dpont
03-26-2007, 09:32 AM
I think this is the only one function in Meshedit to
select polygons, it is used also in the select Modlib
command.
Have you compiled zfacing.c,
is it so slow?

Denis.

art
03-26-2007, 10:09 AM
I have not compiled zfacing but I looked at it to see how to code the function. Let me compile it and see the result. Maybe it is something that I am doing wrong.

art
03-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I tried zfacing. It is also slow for me. I tried running it on a level 8 tesselated sphere and i could see how the polygons were being selected one by one. If I lasso-select the same area the result is instantenous.
And it does not seem to be a a problem with my/zfacing algorithm. I get the same result if I simply loop to select all polygons without any checks.
Any ideas?

Sensei
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
MeshDataEdit->pntSelect/polSelect are refreshing display immediately instead of buffering it to end of process.. There is not fix for that..

art
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Hmm, that's what I thought.

Pozdrowienia :)

evenflcw
03-27-2007, 05:09 AM
Not a fix, but a hack that works surprisingly well:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/lw-plugin/message/12653

art
03-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Wow, I was close. I spent a good part of the evening yesterday trying to o just that (switch modes in between) but I was not successful. I recall doing something similar in lscript but I could not figure it out in C. I'm probably calling wrong functions in wrong modes and crash modeler.

Thanks for the tips! At least I know I am on the good track.

evenflcw
03-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Yup, kinda sad you still have to be reusing hacks you used in lscript. I'm abit disappointed that moving over to sdk didn't empower me more than it did. Except for tool-creation and execution speed I'd say lscript is/was pretty capable when comparing to sdk. Oh well.

art
03-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Removed post : I must double check something. Art

art
03-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Mission accomplished. Thanks for your tips guys!