PDA

View Full Version : One Week Sale

dablan
03-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey guys -
just wanted to let you know that all of our LightWave training courses are on sale, for $99 each. The LightWave 9 Signature Courseware is updated with brand new 9.2 videos, in addition to the 17.6 hours of training already included.

For my friends who've already purchased the signature course, we'll have 9.2 videos for free download within the next two weeks.

Visit www.3dgarage.com

Have a good weekend!

borkus
03-24-2007, 04:29 PM
that's a sweet deal!!! i already ordered the inside lightwave 9 book. do the videos and the book compliment each other? will probably buy both anyway. like books for some tuts and videos for others.

dablan
03-24-2007, 04:33 PM
The videos for the book are entirely created just for the book's projects and chapters. There's more than 5 hours on the book DVD. Then, there's four more chapter's worth of videos online (will be when the book is released) that didn't fit on the DVD. The 3D Garage course is an entirely different beast, taking you on a 17 hour (plus more for 9.2) journey from the ground up with LW 9, with projects covering modeling, node texturing, lighting, animation, and rendering. So, hopefully a nice mix for you.

tonybliss
03-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Dan make it a two week sale please ????????????????
:D
Would love to buy this ...
however just bought 2 Speed edits and upgrd FPrime, and got and an Intuos 3
so I would need at least two weeks to make any other investment.
Pretty pretty please :D

dablan
03-24-2007, 09:10 PM
cgswami -
shoot me and email dablan at earthlink.net

Skritter
03-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Hey Dan, how about a sale on the Modo courseware:bowdown:

borkus
03-25-2007, 02:37 PM
hey dablan, i had to go back and check to make sure, but amazon doesn't make any mention of a dvd being included with the book. think that's a pretty high selling point for them to omit. just thought i'd pass that along, in case you weren't aware. they usually do say if there is one included

jlyon
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I can't wait for the 9.2 stuff online. I bought it in January, and was totally put out until I read the little line on the 3dgarage site about 9.2 videos online soon.

Now I guess I should sell some more blood to buy the book...

dablan
03-25-2007, 11:15 PM
hey dablan, i had to go back and check to make sure, but amazon doesn't make any mention of a dvd being included with the book. think that's a pretty high selling point for them to omit. just thought i'd pass that along, in case you weren't aware. they usually do say if there is one included

The Inside LightWave v9 book comes with IT'S OWN DVD-ROM. This DVD has project files, images, LW9 demo, and tutorial videos that accompany the chapters.
I'll have the publisher update the listing when the book is released this week.

The 3D Garage LightWave v9 Signature Courseware is a different beast all together. Different projects, and designed as a full course from A to Z. It's two DVD-ROMs
with over 17 hours of lessons. Our current sale includes this popular course plus brand new 9.2 videos.

Costanel
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Sounds cool, I think I'll order it.

Hmm..., I live in the Netherlands, shipping costs equals $ 56,-
A bit high for just 2 DVD's...

But still a good deal, hope I get it delivered soon, as well as the Inside LW 9 book.

Keep up the good work Dan!

dablan
03-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Costanel -
thanks... the shipping is calculated dynamically, so unfortunately we do not set that. You can however choose US Post and the cost is half. We send via UPS Expedited and US Post Global Express.

Bog
03-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Silly question, Dan?

Why don't you set your self up to accept credit cards from us lot directly? You'd shift a lot of books and disks, and presumably sell at a higher profit, directly to us forum users. Might only be a hundred or so out of the thousands worldwide, but it'd all help.

dablan
03-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, when it comes to the books, my actual cost on them is about what they sell for on Amazon. I just can't see housing them and paying higher shipping rates to make a few extra bucks. Since we don't ship in volume like Amazon, our rates (for shipping) are not as good.

As for the credit cards - we do have a way to push them through manually, but having the cc acceptance integrated into the storefront is pretty easy and painless. One less thing to manager.

Really, international orders should be done through PayPal - to make things easiest. Thanks for the thought though.

Dirk
03-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Is there anything in it about IK Booster?

I'm working with it right now, IKB is so poorly explained in the manual, and seems to have a lot of hickups... but if it works, it's very, very nice.