PDA

View Full Version : Totally OT mouse problem.

BazC
03-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Only vaguely connected with LW I'm afraid! Since installing 10.4.9 I seem to have lost the click function of my MS optical mouse. It was working perfectly before under 10.4.8 but now I can't get the MMB menu to appear in LW and I've lost some functions in other 3d apps. Is anyone else having this problem? There doesn't seem to be any option to set up the middle mouse button in System prefs, any ideas how I investigate and possibly cure the problem?

BazC
03-24-2007, 10:23 AM
DOH! That should read:

"Since installing 10.4.9 I seem to have lost the middle click function of my MS optical mouse."

RonGC
03-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Me to, i am going to check for an updated driver that might fix the problem.

Ron

BazC
03-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks Ron, are you using MS drivers? I'm just using the built in drivers in OSX. I don't think there are any Intel/UB drivers from MS and I'm not sure I want Rosetta running all the time :(

RonGC
03-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah your right, no drivers for UB from MS, just checked. Just have to wait till they get their act together i guess.:thumbsdow

Ron

KiloWatkins
03-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Not a Mac guy, but watch when I take HD to his house. Did you run the optical mouse drivers CD again?

BazC
03-25-2007, 04:42 AM
Not a Mac guy, but watch when I take HD to his house. Did you run the optical mouse drivers CD again?

No I'm not using the Microsoft drivers, I've always found the built in OSX drivers work better. I will probably try installing MS drivers but until they bring out drivers designed to run on the new Intel Macs the mouse will be running under PowerPC emulation. That may be OK for the mouse but I don't know how it will effect system speed/memory management etc. Besides, from what RonGC says the MS drivers are screwed up too! :(

I wonder how Logitech are under 10.4.9?

Edit:I just checked and Logitech have UB drivers. Maybe I'll buy a cheap Logitech mouse and see how I get on.

BazC
03-28-2007, 08:17 AM
FYI I got a new Logitech Laser mouse and it works fine without drivers, I also tried a miniature/laptop Saitek mouse which worked too. It seems to be a problem with Microsoft mice only.

RonGC
03-28-2007, 11:41 AM
It's MS what do you expect? Always late to the party.

Good to know about the other mice, time to go shopping. Bye Bye MS mousie!

Ron

gatz
03-28-2007, 12:25 PM
I've used a 7 button IntelliMouse for years with USB overdrive. Cheaper than a new mouse. Button response can be specific to apps or universal. Great for gaming too.

rg

BazC
03-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I've used a 7 button IntelliMouse for years with USB overdrive. Cheaper than a new mouse. Button response can be specific to apps or universal. Great for gaming too.

rg

I agree, my old Optical mouse was great, I prefer it to this new Logitech one and it's worked perfectly for years. It just doesn't get on with 10.4.9!