PDA

View Full Version : Is Cut and Collapse possible in SE

Bruce Braun
03-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I have been using Speed Razor and a Matrox board...now defunct.
Speed Razor had a command to remove a clip between tow other clips called cut and collapse using the ctrl/alt/X combination. It would remove the selected clip then ripple the following clips up snuggly against the previous clip.
Is there a simple way to do this in speed edit?
Thanks

taylorpro
03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Use the storyboard not the timeline and remove your clip and it will ripple.

joseburgos
03-23-2007, 09:32 AM
It is a check box in the Time Line view with the disguised name "Timeline Ripple" :)

Take care,

Scott Bates
03-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Selecting the clip on the timeline and hitting the Delete key works just fine also; just make sure Ripple is turned on for the timeline.

lcress
03-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey Bruce,

Saw your post on the SpeedEdit group that you are a former SpeedRazor user. I am as well, and used it both in the Matrox Digisuite and DPS PVR versions.

SpeedEdit is the closest thing I have found to replacing my trusty (somewhat) SR system. I like SE so far, but like you, I keep looking for the same work flow I was used to in SpeedRazor.

Anyway, thought I would just say hi and that you're not the only old SR user out there.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on SpeedEdit workflow. You will find some good help here on the discussion group - good bunch of folks.

billmi
03-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Also, the T key is the hotkey to toggle timeline rippling (while the timeline is the active pane.)