PDA

View Full Version : Moonlit

bearfoot
03-22-2007, 03:37 AM
Hey everyone

just a quickie test with fprime 3 and a toon nightime enviroment which i have never really attempted before..

Thanks for all feedback

http://www.bearfootfilms.com/fullres/moonlit.jpg

cheers
Neil

IZZE
03-22-2007, 10:29 AM
There is a lot going on there. It looks great. What is the render time? Are you able to compare it to FP 2?

IgnusFast
03-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Love the little guy up in the tree. Very nice!!!

spec24
03-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I dig it. Everything but the ground. I don't know, it leaves me feeling flat. Otherwise I like!

Wonderpup
03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm reading it more as very early morning rather than midnight- the relatively warm foreground lighting and hard edge shadows imply sunlight- and the background fades to light. I really like the overall design and composition though.

The thing about moonlight is that it's actually reflected sunlight bouncing off the moon- and like all reflected light it tends to create soft edged shadows rather than crisp ones, and in general has a more limited tonal range than direct sunlight.

loki74
03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm reading it more as very early morning rather than midnight- the relatively warm foreground lighting and hard edge shadows imply sunlight- and the background fades to light. I really like the overall design and composition though.

The thing about moonlight is that it's actually reflected sunlight bouncing off the moon- and like all reflected light it tends to create soft edged shadows rather than crisp ones, and in general has a more limited tonal range than direct sunlight.

you know... until I read your post, it looked like nighttime. Now it looks like early morning. haha. Although... I have seen extended exposure photos of landscapes in moonlight, and sometimes the moon's light can be quite contrasty. Of course, that could also just be a result of the extended exposure...

Anyway, its a beautiful render. Love the style.

Edit: I agree about the ground... how about a stone path? That would create much more visual interest, as well as cause the viewer to focus first on the house, and then on all the other interesting stuff you have going on...

riki
03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Looks great, love the feel.

wesball
04-10-2007, 02:24 AM
How did you do the trees?

POlas's plugin maybe?

Mark The Great
04-10-2007, 04:22 PM
How did you do the trees?

POlas's plugin maybe?

I'll bet he used Vue.