PDA

View Full Version : live switching reliability

brentb
06-20-2003, 07:27 PM
I need to make a recommendation to my church's leaders on the reliability of VT(3) before we buy it to be used for live switching. They are concerned about the reputation of VT(1) crashes. Can anyone here make suggestions / recommendations to help me persuade them. I have not used the system but have seen a demo. I am familiar with conventional switchers and would purchase the RS-8 module.

Also, would a Dell system be compatible?

Thanks
Brent Bridgewater
Westwood Comm. Church
Channhassen MN.

Aegis
06-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Hi Brent,

The Video Toaster [2] is a completely different beast to the 'Toaster 1 - the software is completely different, the hardware has new functionality and NewTek has been providing regular updates (seven so far!) to iron out any bugs.

The current version - build 3890 - seems very stable and I've been using it a constantly on my Dell Dimension 8200 (under WinXP Pro) without any problems.

Do check out the minimum and recommended specifications though and get the best system you can.

PIZAZZ
06-29-2003, 06:21 PM
If you really want to know the scoop on the reliability of the VideoToaster then ask around in the videotoaster section of this forum. The general discussion section seems to be mostly Lightwave addicts not the everyday VideoToaster user.

We have helped several churches install VideoToasters for their live video production. One church shoots and transmits their Sunday morning service over microwave to the local CBS affliate who then sends it out to over 20,000 viewers on average. I would be glad to help answer any questions you might have about VT2 or 3 and its reliability.

I am not just a dealer, I am a user, too.