PDA

View Full Version : DV Capture Audio sync problems

INOV8Pro
06-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Hey:

I've just recently captured a project from my Sony Mini DV Walkman. The video and audio seem to be out of sync. I know that during switching there is a delay, when using firewire, between audio and video. I didn't think this was the case in capture mode. Do I need to capture from my composit out puts? Will I lose quality this way? I had previously capture another project via firewire and there didn't seem to be any delay. I'll have to go back and check it.

Any help appreciated.

Paul

Some day it is my dream to understand in depth what the guys are talking about on the progressive vs interlaced problem.

jackz
06-22-2003, 02:21 PM
I just happened to browse thru the tips section and saw a tip that may help. It had to do with live work but maybe it might help.

If you are currently capturing analog audio with Firewire video, you may want to switch to DV audio, or vice versa.

Someone mentioned a tip during live capture it worked best to use analog audio with DV Video.

Anyway which ever you find you are currently doing, try the other.

Hope that helps

VR
JackZ.

INOV8Pro
06-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks JackZ:

I was finally able to get a great capture by bringing the video in by firewire and the audio in by analog.

Paul