PDA

View Full Version : Morph Render Problem

david553
03-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I was just getting comfortable with LW with maybe a 1000 hours of... Never needed any help, and then this! It's going to turn out to be a duffer question. I've got a morph that displays in Layout correctly, but won't render. The character inhales and exhales in the Layout window just like he's supposed to, and then just sits there in the avi output. Any suggestions? I've rendered morphs in four previous lives. Why not now?

Professor_quack
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Is there another copy of the object obscuring the morphing one? Is subd set to last? Sometimes I have found that morph gismo does not update object versions when you save a new increment in modeler and swap back to layout. Check that the morph gismo object version is the same as the version you have in layout...

david553
03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks. Nice try, but the problem remains.

Professor_quack
03-19-2007, 08:08 PM
If you manually render out the frames using f9 does it work? ie render out 2 or three frames using f9 and see if there is movement. Maybe the scene is corrupt - is it difficult to import the objects and build it again?

david553
03-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks, again. I've reached the conclusion that the object is corrupt in some way I don't understand. It won't be simple to rebuild this. I was hoping for an, "Oh look amature, you forgot to click the morph doofus" kind of response, but I guess I'll go back to square one.

toby
03-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Do you have 'enable deform' switched on? Try applying the morph again in a fresh scene before you go rebuilin'