PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Tool broken in 9.0

manproof
03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Apologies if this has been answered, but I can only find reference to the bridge tool in 9.2 not working.

Does the bridge tool in 9.0 work as intended? I have both 8.5 and 9.0 installed, and bridging polys in 8.5 works great, but trying to do the same operation in 9.0 seems to simply split the selected polys. Is there a patch I'm missing, or should I wait for 9.2?

Thanks,

-Adam

StereoMike
03-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Uh, I hope to remember right, I guess it's a naming error. I have only very few memories regarding this question, but I think it's the connect tool now?
I could be wrong but I think I heard something like this.

mike

manproof
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Mike,

I am unable to find the connect tool. Do you know where it is located? It doesn't come up in the help either, however the bridge tool does.

-Adam

BazC
03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
They're both under modeler tool on the middle mouse button menu. You're using l as a shortcut right? That's the shortcut for connect, bridge doesn't have a shortcut assigned by default.

Oh and Bridge is also under Construct>combine.

manproof
03-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks, BazC, I found the Combine tool with your help. That tool appears to do the same thing as the Bridge tool.

I am trying to combine four four-sided polys from one shape to four four-sided polys on another shape. Both of these are in the same layer. When I click on either the Combine or Bridge tool, all eight selected polys are split into two polys each. This leaves me with eight five-sided polys and eight three-sided polys.

Do I need to reinstall this tool, or am I using it improperly perhaps?

IZZE
03-19-2007, 02:12 PM
If I use the bridge tool under Construct > Combine > Bridge, my poly's get split too. If I use bridge under Utilities > Plugins > Additional, the poly's will bridge. I just learned this last week. I assumed they are two different tools with the same name. Like what StereoMike said.

manproof
03-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Went to Edit Menu Layout and indeed there was another instance of the Bridge Tool under Modeler Tools. This Bridge Tool indeed bridges the polys.

Thanks to the three of you for your assistance. Take care.

-Adam