PDA

View Full Version : VTfx site preview - opinions?

Michael Englyst
06-20-2003, 01:32 PM
I have made a little preview of my DVE site. Paul Lara have kindly asked if he could upload some DVE's from Steve, and it's in the works. I will add them as soon as he has uploaded them, and provide thumbnails of the DVE's and ofcourse contact information to Steve if he agrees to this.

Check it out here: www.roomies.dk/vtfx

It will be moved to a temporary webserver Monday next week, and I'll then finish it.

More info on the site. And I'm working on getting a nice amount of storage for the site.

I'll keep you posted, and please comment on what you think or would like to have changed.

Keith Gandy
06-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Excellent site, great design, easy to navigate.

Question: Will PAL DVE's be available to us outside of NTSC-land?

Furthermore, how do the VT3 DVE's differ from the VT2's?

Michael Englyst
06-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Since I'm not a NewTekian I cannot speak for NewTek. I believe the DVE's will be working for both VT[2] and [3]. Since I'm a PAL user myself I will urge people to make DVE's for both standards if possible. And be providing some myself when I get around to it ( = having time).

And thanks for the comments. Glad you like it. :)

Keith Gandy
06-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Give me a heads-up, if you find out that the VT3 DVE's end up being different. I plan to try my hand at a couple of them myself, just as soon as my plate clears. I would hate to think that the work would be limitted to DVE's that have a short shelf-life.

Michael Englyst
06-20-2003, 01:48 PM
Sure. I bet Paul Lara will come in here and put ours minds at ease :)

I honestly don't believe that there is any difference.

Jim Capillo
06-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Michael Englyst
Sure. I bet Paul Lara will come in here and put ours minds at ease :)

I honestly don't believe that there is any difference.

There isn't - I have used Faraz' page peel in [3]

Michael Englyst
06-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks Paul ;) :D

It's good news. Must be fun having [3]. Can't wait for it to be released. Have ordered the upgrade.. Woohooo!

Scott Bates
06-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Don't remember who created it, but I tried using the Dip-To-Black DVE from Faraz' site yesterday and it locked up T3. Other stuff is going swimmingly however. :)

Paul Lara
06-20-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Keith Gandy
Give me a heads-up, if you find out that the VT3 DVE's end up being different.

There is no change in the code, and T2 DVE's will be compatible in VT [3].

Paul Lara
06-26-2003, 07:29 PM
In case y'all haven't checked the VTFX site recently, there's been some more Toaster classic transitions added. There is going to be a regular stream of classic-to-[2] Rob Berry Retro FX uploaded to this excellent site, so:

1. Check in often
2. Consider supporting Michael in this great community effort with wipes and financial assistance.