PDA

View Full Version : keeping mapped drive in LWEXT9.TXT ?

tebar
03-19-2007, 08:00 AM
hi there,
Since i got a second cpu i can use network rendering :] i have a question that seems simple but i am not a geek and i cant find a solution or even a way to search.first i should say that i am not using the HUB because it s so slow on my system, xp pro sp2+2,5goram+LW9+amd barton.

i have moved LW9.TXT, LWEXT9.TXT LWM9.TXT to config directory placed in lightwave dir and linked the aliases of modeler and layout to this config directory.The layout and the modeler write to these new location.(cf timestamp)
i have set up content dir, and plug ins location to 2 freshly mapped drive. Y: & Z:, that my other node can see.it s still working, i rendered some test frame.
Y: content dir (obj, scn, rendering,textures)
Z: lightwave dir (config dir, command dir, plug-ins, programms, ...the rest)

NOW, how can i keep my settings in LWEXT9.TXT ? each time i launch modeler or layout, LWEXT9.TXT get back to the default config (D:\\).
my problems are:
- i must identify what plug ins are used in my scenes(scenes made when LW looked in D: for plug-ins), desactivate them, clear them and rescan my nu plug ins location.and i am still not assured that my node will search in the good location when rendering.
- each time i launch modeler or layout, LWEXT9.TXT switch back to default config (D:\\), i dont want that.

is there a lazzy way to do that, i should install lightwave on my second node, on a mapped drive that i call (D:) and sync the plugins directories ? gosh
if anyone can help !
thx,tebar_

tebar
03-19-2007, 08:06 AM
i try this, posted by dan12345 on 22/02

-p"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\plugins"

i ll tell you what s going on with scenes that are made with old plug ins location.

arsad
03-19-2007, 09:36 AM
It's necessary to uncheck "autoscan plugins" in the options [o]. Then the
lwext9.cfg should remain intact (e.g. keeping the network paths)

This drove me crazy for a while (my first solution was to make the lwext9.cfg read-only) then someone from NT posted this bit of info on this forum.

tebar
03-20-2007, 11:30 AM
lu,
thx for the tip arsad, i ve unchecked this box in modeler and layout and i ve added the -p option when launching LWSN.it woks ;D , plugins are found.

but the node overwrite the output of precedant renders coz i must change the outputs name on each scene that i render trough network.so lazzy.

arsad
03-20-2007, 11:36 AM
but the node overwrite the output of precedant renders coz i must change the outputs name on each scene that i render trough network.so lazzy.

this is normal behaviour! T'est trop feignant toi.... Lazy is the right word for this :D