PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding ACS4 plugin

mcanty
03-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi, I am new to the community and just upgraded from version 5.6 to 9. I have not been using lightwave for a while and am re-educating myself. First off I am a programmers and now working on a project of my own. I have heard about ACS4 aut rigger but can't seem to find it to purchase. Does anyone know if it is still in production and if so where I can purchase it?:help:

ericsmith
03-16-2007, 03:52 PM
The word on the street is that it's no longer being developed, so it's probably no longer available.

As far as I know, you have two options. Maestro or T4d rigging tools.

Maestro is $150, only around $30 more than ACS4 used to be, and includes a host of animation tools in addition to rigging. These include a very comprehensive joystick style control interface, a customizeable multi-track keyframe editor, saving and loading of poses and motions, and more. We also have a working walk-generator that will be available in the next release (planned to coincide with the release of LW9.2).

T4d provides a simpler rig, and includes a character picker. It is less expensive at $60.

Eric

Verlon
03-16-2007, 04:14 PM
a walk generator?

Really? Hmmmm.

Now I may have to look at Maestro even though I have ACS4.

ericsmith
03-16-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I guess considering the context, it's not inappropriate.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62730&highlight=maestro

As I mentioned earlier, it won't be released until LW9.2 is, but it will be a free upgrade, so if you bought Maestro now, the walk generator won't cost anything when it's ready.

Eric

mcanty
03-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys. I just took a look at Maestro and I will have to decide with my team what to do. If you have any other advise on creating charaters and thier scrips for games feel free to comment.