PDA

View Full Version : No Create Tab?

cilayin
03-16-2007, 01:33 PM
I posted this in the PC section but I wasn't getting any replies so I was hoping this might turn out better.

So here's my problem, I've got the LightWave 9.0 trial, every thing's fine except for the fact that I can not create a single object. Not a cube, not a sphere, NOTHING! It's been driving me nuts trying to figure out how to get this to work, I've googled it, I've asked my friends and people at college, but nothing.

There's no create tab, I can't put it in there or anything like that. It's in none of the presets or w/e. I also can't create something by going into the Modeler Tools and trying to create an object though the uh, Gemotry -> Create -> Primitives. I think I got the order right, anyways... Any help would be great because I have no idea what to do. :(

- Tommy

BazC
03-16-2007, 02:06 PM
To create geometry in Layout you have to first create a null (Ctrl N) once that is selected you should be able to create geometry under the Modeler tools tab. Don't ask me why it works that way it just does! :D To be fair this is the very first stage of implementing modeler tools in Layout and it's not terribly useful yet, give 'em time!

In modeler all the primitives are down the left handside under the create tab.

cilayin
03-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Well that's um, odd. Haha, thanks. :D

Oh and I was asking about the create tab, like I see it all the time on the top, in the menu bar, er not the menu. But the place where it's got all the tabs for like view, render, etc. *shrug* Thanks!

bloontz
03-16-2007, 02:22 PM
You do realize that Modeler is a seperate program right? Sounds like you are in Layout not Modeler.

Surrealist.
03-16-2007, 11:59 PM
If you click on the box tool for instance, just LMB drag and it will pull out a box. Same goes for the others like disc and sphere.

Some of the other primitive tools have you input data or you can use the default. Just click OK.

If you click on a tool and nothing happens. Drag with the mouse.

Mr Big
05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Thank you Baz C