PDA

View Full Version : Linking Toasters

bbeanan
02-19-2003, 06:48 PM
As far as I know you can not do this with the current system...

But how about being able to link 2+ Toasters together. That way you could say have many many sources or different operators controlling different parts of the show (beyond doing the touch screen and 2 mouse trick) or even to have the second system as a in-line back-up with a shared BOB.

Just a though...

Paul Lara
02-19-2003, 09:24 PM
You're certainly able to put one Toaster upstream of the other right now.

Prosprctor
02-20-2003, 12:30 AM
Paul is right..
I use my Amiga Flyer upstream of the VT2 alot

Jim Capillo
02-20-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by bbeanan
As far as I know you can not do this with the current system...

But how about being able to link 2+ Toasters together. That way you could say have many many sources or different operators controlling different parts of the show (beyond doing the touch screen and 2 mouse trick) or even to have the second system as a in-line back-up with a shared BOB.

Just a though...

I have my Flyer that can go upstream or downstream as well as a Trinity that is pretty much used upstream as a CG (putting graphics on the raw tape then digitizing to T2 for TEd) as well as transferring targa's across the Trinity/T2 network to work as alphas...... pretty neat system although the real power of it is in the T2.

Because of limited real estate in my "temporary" edit suite, I have ben using a shared keyboard/mouse setup (CompUSA) for the Trinty/T2. It's a bit tricky to get the T2 digitizing and then switch over to trigger the Trinity graphics, but once I got the hang of it, I didn't have any problems.

bbeanan
02-20-2003, 07:49 AM
The reason for my post was I did gig a live event a few months ago with 4 cameras, Animated CG titles, 100 DDR Tape Rolls, Audio for tape, and Video record.

Granted I survived the even it was quite tricky at times trying to get the right title up then to get the right video clip up. The event was a horse auction where each horse had it's own video clip and the auctioneer would skip around which horse was next based on how the last horse sold.

I just figure it would have been less stressful to task out a few of the systems to another system (and that would be less stressfull on both me and the Toaster).