PDA

View Full Version : consolidate multiple cameras

simno
03-13-2007, 05:42 AM
I have created a scene in which I have several cameras, each focusing on individual elements to render still images. So each images must be rendered sperately with F-prime.

I would like to consolidate all camera postions into a single camera animation path so that I can render all images as a sequence of frames and leave the machine to do the work.

I was hoping that Graph Editor would allow me to copy properties from one cam to another but it seems I need to do this manually channel by channel rather than multiple channels at a single stroke.

Is this the case or am I going about it the wrong way?

:help:

Tesselator
03-13-2007, 06:30 AM
You're "supposed" to be able to do this with TimeSlices and FootPrints but I
can't get either to work in this build. Fill out a bug report?

dpont
03-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Not tested, but may be you could switch between multiple
cameras during render instead of consolidating them,
there's a lscript named Camera Director here:
http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1836

Denis.

simno
03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Denis, thanks for the link.

I was hoping for a solution using the standard issue LW tools and thought perhaps I was just looking in the wrong place for it.

I'm sure it would be useful to have the facility to splice portions of different animated paths into a single camera path.

Sarford
03-13-2007, 02:07 PM
You could use the parent trick. Disable Parent in Place and then on the apropreate frames parent your main camera to the others.

frame 0: main camera;
frame 1: deselect parent in place, parent main camera to camera 2, set parent to none in motion options of main camera, set keyframe.
frame 2: parent main camera to camera 3, set parent to none in motion options of main camera, set keyframe.
frame 3: parent main camera to camera 4, set parent to none in motion options of main camera, set keyframe.
frame 4:....
etc. etc.

Afterwards go to the graph editor of your main camera. Select all the chanels in the left colom. Select all key-frames with dragging a boundingbox around them with the right mouse button and set all to lineair.

Now hit f10 ;)