PDA

View Full Version : I miss firefly

Andyjaggy
03-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Maybe it's just the uber sci-fi geek in me, but I finished watching my Firefly DVD's this evening and once again spent some time mourning the early demise of a wonderful show.

Heres to you Firefly. :beerchug:

Puguglybonehead
03-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Was watching mine last night. You can watch those DVDs over and over and keep spotting something new, some little thing you hadn't noticed before. That was such a detailed `verse that Joss created. Let's hope he brings it back or makes a sequel to Serenity. :beerchug:

Beaker
03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Oddly enough, watched the entire series and the movie again this past weekend myself. Definitely a show that died before its time.

korda
03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Some little things on the show.
in the episode where they steal the laser gun, on the bin is a windows 95 error message and in one of the early episodes wash is miming the steering

Speedmonk42
03-12-2007, 11:51 PM
So funny, only minutes ago in chat somone just said they are hoping for FF2

Bog
03-13-2007, 04:18 AM
I miss Firefly, too. After Serenity came out, I kinda stopped hoping and dreaming of a new series, and quietly hung my brown coat in the closet. It was brilliant, it oozed potential, and it died wayyyy before it's time.

Wonder if Joss Whedon's got scripts for a second season kicking around in a drawer someplace...?

Red_Oddity
03-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Funny, i just watched the HD version last week, i only wanted to check the quality, but ended up watching it all over again.

Sooo, anyone gonna buy the new Serenity release?

Red_Oddity
03-13-2007, 05:32 AM
Also, i wonder if Drive will be any good (Nathan Fillion AND Tim Minear)

colkai
03-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Firefly, ahh gorramn it, why did you die so young?

We end up watching the series once every few months, when the withdrawal becomes too painful. Can't wait for the 2-dvd set of Serenity coming out this year, yeah, sure I have the movie already, but come on all new shiny goodness?

kilvano
03-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Anyone notice that Caley (is that her name...the mechanic girl that fancied the doc) is now in Stargate Atlantis?

I watched the episodes last month. May break them out again.

Andyjaggy
03-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Ooooooooo I didn't know there was a 2 disc set coming out........

kilvano
03-13-2007, 08:11 AM
I generally only look over at LWG every few weeks but some guy has put a tutorial up about making the ship.

Looks quite good.

Signal to Noise
03-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Also, i wonder if Drive will be any good (Nathan Fillion AND Tim Minear)

Judging by the previews I am going to harbor a guess and say "no".

I'll watch it and see but I'm going in with low expectations as to not being disappointed if it gets cancelled.

iconoclasty
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
I just watched all of Firefly and Serenity last week. God how I miss it.

avkills
03-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Excellent series and movie. Sci-Fi done right; not relying on special effects to drive the story line; however; the special effects are top notch in my opinion. The storyline and verse is also excellent. Sucks that it was cancelled.

-mark

Red_Oddity
03-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Judging by the previews I am going to harbor a guess and say "no".

I'll watch it and see but I'm going in with low expectations as to not being disappointed if it gets cancelled.

Fox cancel a show? Nooooooooooooooooooo....

cresshead
03-13-2007, 12:16 PM
it's not about quality it's about 'price' and how many sheep the advertisers can get to tune in on it...i say sheep as many people wouldn't know a good show if it had neon lights throughout it spelling ''this is a good quality show''....

JamesCurtis
03-13-2007, 03:06 PM
About a month or so I picked up the DVD box set for only $19.99 at Best Buy!! They had a sale on it for less than 1/2 price. Great Buy!! Now back to regular price!!

jbarker
03-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Damn good movie. I never caught the series due to having a newborn around that time - just wanted sleep. I could catch the DVDs but that would require time, and now that the little ones are mobile....

Anyway, what the hell was my point? Oh yeah, the movie was on HBO the other day and my wife, who is the furthest thing from being a sci fi aficionado, was hooked from the opening scene. When it was over she just looked at me and said "That was really good." like she was shocked it was good and even more shocked that she liked it so much.

Great characters. Great Writing.

If I ever run into Joss Whedon, I'm buying that man a beer. :beerchug:

Bog
03-13-2007, 04:00 PM
It's our story.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I can't stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.

*idly flings a knife into the ceiling, just to watch it wibble*

There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity. You can't take the sky from me!

*catches the knife as it falls out of the ceiling, slots it back into his pen-holder*

kopperdrake
03-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Now swap the knife for a jammy dodger and you have my perfect night in.

Only they don't stick to the ceiling long enough to get that second line in...

LW_Will
03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Um... you do know that Badger (Mark Sheppard) plays Baltar's lawyer in BSG?

He is slimy and he is amazing!

LW_Will

ps. Drive... yeah... could be good... on Fox... not too much faith in it...

lilrayray77
03-13-2007, 08:50 PM
I just watched serenity the other day. Easily in my top list of favorite movies. The acting was great, the story line was great, and they only used cg where it was necessary. I didn't see the series (since i dont have cable television), but I was able to rent the DVDs through netflix. The day the firefly dvds stopped arriving was a sad day. Firefly + Serenity = true inspiration.

BeeVee
03-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Hehe, I thought I recognised him when I watched BSG last night, so it was straight onto IMDB to see who it was and sure enough... now he can add a bad Irish accent to his bad cock-er-ney... :D

B

Bog
03-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Did he have a Very Fine Hat?

Red_Oddity
03-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Did he have a Very Fine Hat?
Nope, just cool shades.

safetyman
03-15-2007, 07:11 AM
I miss Firefly a lot. Wish it would come back.

I just watched the movie Slither on DVD and Nathan Fillion is terrific in that flick. He has one of the funniest lines ever towards the end of the movie, but I can't repeat it here.

Bog
03-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Just as well, spoilers make Bog cry.

TripD
03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I really believe that sooner,...... or later, some one will realise what potential that series has and use the neural stimulaters on it.

"I wanna go to the crappy town where Firefly is still on the air."

Oh, btw I just remembered that Sarah Paulson ended up playing a bit part in Serenity. She also co starred in another, soon to be cancelled show: Studio 60.

Captain Obvious
03-16-2007, 04:25 AM
I finally got around to seeing Serenity last night. I liked it! :)

colkai
03-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Did you get to see the blooper reel? That's class. :)

If thou hast not the DVD set of the series, get ye down and pick it up, after commenting on this thread to da wife, she said, "Hmm, not watched them for a few weeks, time to get them out I think".

Ahh, my missus, the Browncoat, gorramn shiny! :)