PDA

View Full Version : idea(s)

greent
03-12-2007, 02:44 PM
just an idea.
in layout and/or modeler to be possible to move items (objects/lights/cameras/polygon/edge groups...) with arrow keys in some units (configurable maybe via config or relative to grid size). figured, it could be useful if not possible already (if i haven't heard of that kind of plug/script :-)

Beaker
03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
The arrow keys (Left, Up, Down, Right) can be assigned in Edit Keyboard Shortcuts, but I don't think you can make them work in the way you're describing.

greent
03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
so, still is an idea :-)

evenflcw
03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
You mean nudge commands? Modeler already has them (make a search for "nudge" in the menu or key config). Layout however doesn't, but it isn't hard at all to do in lscript. That is unless you want them context sensitive in the sense that nudging while Move Tool is active will do something different than when when the Rotate Tool is active (doable in Layout, as abit of a hack; not doable in Modeler). I actually experienced a simular feature in another software (non 3d) the other day and it immediately went into my notebook as a good intuitive gui thing (that I should keep in mind when developing myself). I think I might feature request the context sensitive ditto. If nobody gets there before me, I might whip together some nudging for Layout during the week or most likely at the weekend.

greent
03-13-2007, 01:28 AM
fine, didn't see this options in modeler 'till now, it does just the thing.
also, it would be a neat thing to see your plug/script for it :-)

evenflcw
03-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Just wanted to tell you I wont be making no scripts as they can't work the way I want them to on account there being no way of even retrieving the current grid size to make the functions the slightest bit intelligent/user-friendly *sigh*. This means you would have to set/change the nudge distance by yourself. This is not my idea of a workflow-enhancing tool and thus nothing I care to write. If you need it bad I suggest you use the LScript Commander to generate the one line of code you need for basic functionality (move item a short distance). Add to that an interface if you want to be able to change the nudge distance.

Costanel
03-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Personally, I would like it if Layout had X/Y/Z numbers like blender.

Left-click and drag to increase/decrease.
Click to edit.

Works like a charm, and speeds things up.