PDA

View Full Version : Dual Pane (Pain)

caddaraman
03-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Manual says right click on double arrow that seperates the dual pane and there is a menu that allows you to maximize one of the panes. Well I tried that and it worked quite well, problem is there seems to be no way of getting back to the dual pane configuration. Can someone help me out with this please?

caddaraman
03-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Nevermind, I double clicked on the tab up above the pane, the tab where you choose storyboard, timeline spreadsheet, control tree ect. That toggled it back.
Answered my own question.

Daniel Davis
03-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes, that is a hold over from VT Edit, and a well kept secret even in VT 4! I figured it out once and accidentally got rid of both windows last weekend as we were preparing to mix our church. I hunted through the help files and what not, just stumbled on it like you did in time for the service.

Ivan
03-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Have you found the "Right Click" on the center divider and change from Horizontal to Vertical split? Great for Dual Monitor and makes Positioning much nicer.

Ivan

caddaraman
03-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Yes, Speededit user interface was well thought out by the Newtek team. I am enjoying working with the new editor. I may need to reverse my dual monitor screens though, I can move various windows ie: (video output, file bin ect.) onto the 2nd monitor but they seem to want to glue there right border to the right edge of my left monitor. However I am still able to enjoy the extra real estate of two monitor configuration.

John Perkins
03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Your monitors are arranged 2 1 instead of 1 2.

Swap the cables, then switch them back the right way in the Windows display properties. This will leave you back to normal as far as you can tell, but Windows won't be doing a double reverse to get them that way ;)

Some applications don't like having them reversed like that.