PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime on Drugs (or is it me?)

Schwing
06-19-2003, 02:51 PM
:confused:

Ok, I tried the Apple Quicktime forum and got no help. I upgraded to QT 6.3 and now all my movie files display like some bad Pepto Bismol commercial. I'm running it on a PIII 933 with a 3dlabs video card. Here's a screen shot.

Can anyone help?

-Tom

Schwing
06-19-2003, 03:09 PM
Oh crap, how do you place images on this forum?:rolleyes:

Tom

Aegis
06-20-2003, 04:22 AM
Just attach 'em using the "browse" button at the bottom of the message window.

Schwing
06-23-2003, 08:03 AM
OK, try number two.

head worm
06-28-2003, 04:02 AM
Hi Schwing,

Have you tried doing some basic troubleshooting?

A: Installing QT on another Windows machine and Exporting a movie from there - will determine if QT or your original computer are at fault.

B: Installing an older QT on the other machine, or reverting on your original and re-exporting to find out if it's a problem with the new 6.3 release.

C: Also, which codec and settings are your using? Have you tried exporting in a variety of codecs, and with no compression. This may throw up a problem with QT6.3 and a particular codec if others work better.

Let us know how you got on with these tests, as this is something that Apple may need to know about.

Cheers

Head Worm
www.the-worms-of-art.com

Schwing
06-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Trouble shooting to the extreme. I believe I've solved it by updating the video driver for my card. Eventhought the driver that I updated was the same version as my update. Something must have been wrong with the driver I was using. (go figure):p