PDA

View Full Version : get object's properties

avogad
03-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new in C plugin development and i'm trying to access the rotation values of an object. I've found the getParam functions that should do what i'm expecting.

However, I still have problems to understand how the LW plugins works, I mean all the callback functions,...

Does anyone have an idea of how to get the properties of the selected object.

Cheers

Sensei
03-09-2007, 07:41 AM
There is global LWInterfaceInfo, which you need to get and do loop for every entry interfaceinfo->selItems array.. Then pass as argument to LWItemInfo->param()..

avogad
03-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Thx,

Would u have an example of a simple plugin writen in c ?! I mean, I don't really understand how plugins are executed, the XCALL_ macro,...

Sensei
03-09-2007, 08:07 AM
XCALL_() is meaningless this days, and we used to include it just for compatibility and clean source code..
Check out LWSDK/source directory.. There is a lot of example plug-ins in C..
What you need is Layout Generic plug-in from what I see.. What do you want to do with LWItemInfo->param() after reading values?

avogad
03-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Ok,

There are some problems with animations. I need to transform all rotations in quaternions and then doing a linear interpolation between them.

I'd like to create a plugin that would do what "QuaternionBooster" should correct. This plugin exists in LW 9 but doesn't work properly.

So I'd like to know the kind of plugin it is, how to enable its selection through Motion Option > Add Modifier, and so on...

Sensei
03-09-2007, 10:26 AM
It's ItemMotionHandler
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/developer/LW80/8lwsdk/docs/classes/itemmot.html