PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of weightmaps

06-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Having created a reasonable general purpose set of skeligons, I find my use of them is being hampered by:
A) every model I put them into becomes peopled with weightmaps for every name every skeligon ever had, and the lwo file size increases massively.
B) every time I load a model into LW and convert skeligons to bones the bones appear with weight maps set, and I have to go through bone by bone selecting 'none' for weight map in order to get the bones to affect the object.
So please,
How do I delete all the weight maps from an object ( it is very laborious to select them one by one and delete ). And how do I turn skeligons into bones withou them demanding weight maps ?

Macet01
06-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Under the map tab in modeler, in the general group there is a button for delete map. Give that a try. Hope it helps.

06-20-2003, 04:20 AM
Trouble is, that button is at the top left of the screen, and I can't find the command on the assignable list to assign it to a key, and it only deletes the current map, which has to be selected from a pop-up list at the bottom right of the screen. One at a time, very slow.:mad:

toby
06-20-2003, 04:26 AM
I don't think that's supposed to happen on it's own, you probably had the skelegons tool set to create weight maps.

evenflcw
06-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Use the vMap Editor for slightly faster deletion... or get some kind scripter to write you a dump-all-weightmaps plugin/lscript if none can be found at FLAY already.