PDA

View Full Version : Poly Reduction and Morphing

Visionarymonkey
03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I will start out, that I am sure there are several ways to accomplish what i am doing. I have a sequence of models that currently have the same poly and point count, so they morph in a sequence just fine. the problem I have is that the model resolution is higher than what I want or need and I want to reduce the poly and point count. I know there are several options within lightwave and there are several free plugins on flay. The problem I am having is that the models are coming up with different poly and point counts after the poly reduction. So I need a way to reduce the poly and maintain the same reduced poly and point count for each model in the morph sequence. is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance.

Brian Ashley Good

Surrealist.
03-07-2007, 05:10 PM
If the morph tareget models are originally of the same source, I would first load them up and copy them to layers in the original object, then use Background to Morph to create endomorphs. So now you'd have the orginal object with a morph for each object of the target chain. Then, reduce the points of the orignal and the morphs will follow.

You now have the option to use Morph mixer in layout, or if you still want a chain, save transformed for each morph using morph mixer and you now have your objects all with the correct points.

Visionarymonkey
03-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick response...I will give that a try. I have been working with lightwave on and off since verion 5.0 but sadly there are lots a features that I dont use or have begun to learn. Thanks again for the reply...I really appreaciate it.

Brian

Surrealist.
03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Cool. There might even be a plugin, who knows. But if you have any questions about any of those particular steps, just ask.