PDA

View Full Version : scene editor **!*!ing annoying!

cresshead
03-07-2007, 04:11 AM
hello!:)

i don't use scene editor much...actually last time i did for any edits were with speadsheet in lw7.5...now in lw9.0 the speadsheet is nowwhere to be found so we're left with scene editor...which i find VERY irritating!...i cannot work out how to change anything en mass...such as object edge colour or the line thickness falloff distance for rendered edges...just had to make 73 manual edits...not happy!:thumbsdow

obvouslty it doesn work like spreadsheet did or i'd have done it....

errr...help?:thumbsup: :D :hey:

Dodgy
03-07-2007, 04:40 AM
You can change that stuff in the Object properties panel if you have all the items selected. Similarly you can multiselect any item and change all their properties at the same time using the Properties panels. (I don't think this works with volumetrics on lights, but everything else should be fine)

For the Scene editor, you have to click in the little column at the side of the value you want to multi edit to select it, then you should see a little number appear there. Then you can multi edit it.

cresshead
03-07-2007, 07:58 AM
cheers chap!..i'll have a look later when i make some more edits!

dwburman
03-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah, What Dodgy said. There's a small column on the left for selections. I think they changed that in 8.5 or 9.0. It threw me the first time I ran into it as well. I've used the scene editor often. The dope track is nice to slide keyframes around too. If you stretch the keys over time, it's a good idea to highlight the changed keys, right click and select 'quantize' from the drop down menu. This moves the moves the fractional keys to whole numbers.

I've attached a pic so you know what small column we're talking about.

cresshead
03-07-2007, 04:40 PM
thanks for taking the time for the screen grab!...that helped loads!

cheers
steve g

prospector
03-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Spreadsheet is ther..I use it all the time.
under master plugins but I put on a button.

Silkrooster
03-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I thought the spreadsheet was broken. I tried running it once and I got an error message. Shows how much I use it. lol.
Silk

Captain Obvious
03-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Spreadsheet works just fine for me.