PDA

View Full Version : Using IK Booster on Skelegon-Created Bones?

Giacomo99
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Hello-

I'm trying to use IK Booster on a set of bones created from Skelegons. The thing is, I can't do it because there doesn't seem to be a root object for me to click on.

Please advise.

Dodgy
03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
The root object is the ultimate parent of the hierarchy. For IKB it doesn't have to be the root, it could be the mesh the skelegons were converted from, or even it's parent, or that's parent, all the way up to the root object.

Giacomo99
03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
The root object is the ultimate parent of the hierarchy. For IKB it doesn't have to be the root, it could be the mesh the skelegons were converted from, or even it's parent, or that's parent, all the way up to the root object.

In theory, yes. In practice, IK Booster seems to be *extremely* picky about what it will allow as root objects. In a lot of cases, the "IK Boost Tool" just has no effect.

As it happens, my solution was to paste all the geometry, plus the skelegons, into a single Modeler layer. Once the skelegons were converted to bones, IK Booster recognized the setup and worked as described.

ercaxus
03-06-2007, 11:02 PM
you can always add the ikb plugin manually.

Giacomo99
03-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Add the plug-in manually? What exactly do you mean?

The problem is not that the plug-in's not appearing--it is. It's that it's not having any effect.

Please advise.

ercaxus
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought you weren't able to apply the plugin to a specific object. If that's the case select the object go to object properties and in the geometry tab click on 'add custom object' and select 'IK_Booster'. If this doesn't help, then good luck :D

Giacomo99
03-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh. That actually makes a lot of sense. I will give it a shot and see if it works.