PDA

View Full Version : Rending half speed

Martin Adams
03-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Hoping someone can help. I've got an animation which is to go onto a DVD and needs interlacing. The production company doing the editing has asked for it as half speed rather than interlaced. Is that easy to do in LightWave? Is it a case of rendering in 0.5 frame increments?

I don't really want to double the length of my animation as that no only involves rekeying many things, but it changes the motion blur effect.

Anyone know if it's a simple thing to do?

Exception
03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
There's 'timewarp', a motion plugin for the camera that lets you warp time any which way you please. It will warp everything, including the motion blur, if needed.

Elmar Moelzer
03-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Go into the classic scene editor and use Scale Keys.
Set Scale Times for All items and set that to 2.0.
Then set the blur length for your motionblur (in the camera options) to 100%.
CU
Elmar

avkills
03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
I believe what they mean is render out at 60fps progressive. In the general options tab; if you change the frame rate; Lightwave *should* automagically scale your keyframes to match the new frame rate.

They want to use their motion graphics software to interlace it probably. The software will take the 60fps progressive second and change it to 30fps interlaced (60 fields per second).

-mark

Extent
03-06-2007, 06:48 PM
In the general options tab; if you change the frame rate; Lightwave *should* automagically scale your keyframes to match the new frame rate.

At least in the past when I've done this (going from 30 to 24) it dosent. I've always done what elmar recommends.

Martin Adams
03-07-2007, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I haven't had the chance to give it a go, but I'll let you know what I find out that works.

avkills, I don't think that would work, simply because my animation is keyed on frames and not time. I will look into the timewarp and times scales however.