PDA

View Full Version : modelling extra's for a posed model...

davie563
03-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Hi, i just finished modeling this character and i took him into layout were i posed him using bones. I now want to add somthing to him, i want to model somthing that raps round him, is there anyway of sending the information of the bone positions to modeller.

The position of him in modeller at the moment is the one i modelled him in, the traditional cross possition. The prob is the new thing i want to model needs to wrap round him in the new pose i have him set up in throu layout, can the pose be sent from layout to modeller or is there another method to doing this, cheers :)

omeone
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
File > save > Save trans Object

Surrealist.
03-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Something to keep in mind with that is it depends on what you are doing with the model. Do you want to continue to animate or refine the pose? In this case, you might think about a morph.

Also, to have control over the subdivision when you do the render of the final object, you will probably want to set the subdivision level to 0 so that when you save trans it will not be subdivided. This way, in modeler it will work as the subd you started with and you can hit tab again to put it back into subd. So when you send it back to layout, you can then control the subdivision amount for the render.

You can also use the transformed object in a background layer and use background to morph to create a morph, so that in layout you can have several poses if need be. You would of course dissable the bones for this.

Just some more options.