PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Feudal Warrior

Bae_Seng
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey there,

The character was developed to be used for a short animation. The story goes that he will sacrifice everything he can, he perservere through hardships and battles to do what is necessary for his love.

Hope you guys like it, any comments are welcomed.

-alex

http://bae-seng.com/cgtalk_entry_2.jpg

adrian
03-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Brilliant modelling! Which modelling methods did you use to do this? How long did it take you to complete?

Dirk
03-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Wow, great expression. May I ask how the hair was done?

SonicPerfect
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Wow!! Very nice mokdeling!! A lot of detail on this!!
I guess the face need more texture detail to follow the body armor texture style!!
Congratulations!! Wow!!

iconoclasty
03-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Really really love the armor.

Bae_Seng
03-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Hey guys thanks for the all the responses!

adrian, the modeling part of the project took me a couple of weeks to do. As for doing all the textures, rigging and rendering took a lil longer than a month to do. Modeling techniques i used was the detail out approach method for the human body. As for the armor i used box modeling method.

Dirk for the hair i used sasquatch. I first created splines and later had them convert to polychains, so i could sasquatch "long hair " option.

SonicPerfect and iconoclasty, thanks for the complements, as for the face, yea the face textures needs to be be reworked some, maybe later i'll redo it when i have time.

-alex

Twisted_Pixel
03-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Great character.
Detail is great as is the rest, but i cant help but feel that the armour looks weightless. Just certain places point it out, but its enough to distract me.

Would love to see the character animated.

Mrjack
03-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Greatly executed ..this character have a killer style ((like onimusha))

Bae_Seng
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
hey guy thanxs again for the responses!

Twisted_Pixel, as for the armor feeling weightless, i can understand, it's has many components to it that wouldn't make sense if one were to make it. i think if someone actually builted an armor like the one i design the guy wearing it would probably fall down and couldn't get up. as for animation i can't wait either, as of now i'm currently creating his supporting cast, hopefully i'll get to post the characters soon.

Mrjack, yea alot of inspiration came from onimusha and final fantasy.

thank again for your kind words!

-alex

bobakabob
03-07-2007, 05:42 PM
A first class piece of work. Stunning - beautifully modelled and rendered :)

Mrjack
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
haha i have rate it 5 stars i think that averybody forget to do it ...
a second time.. killer style

Bae_Seng
03-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey guys thanks so much for the stars!

bobakabob, thanx for your compliments! i have see some of your work, you got some pretty good character modeled.

Mrjack, thank you for your generosity!

-alex