PDA

View Full Version : Desk Space

eomer
03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Hello, here is another night picture based from an old scene I did but never finished untill now. I used a point light for the main lamp light, and a few other for small lights, and even negitive light for shadows. Some small work done in Paint Shop Pro., with the shadows. Render with FPrime. An comments are welcome. Thanks.:lwicon:

Wonderpup
03-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi,

Nice atmospherics. The only crit I would make is that the spec value on the curtains seems a bit high for fabric.

starbase1
03-13-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm not clear on the lighting here - it appears to come from the lamp on the table, but the lamshade has no shadow?

Johnny
03-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi...here are my few comments:

Overall, I like the composition very much. makes me think of maybe a college dorm room, c. 1930. that radio is GREAT!

I also think that the way you have arranged the item is how they would likely BE arranged by someone who'd just gotten them a snack and about to sit down and study...maybe one of the books could be opened up and turned face down? maybe the radio could be turned just a bit so that it's not parallel with the desk edges, but faces the person using it as they're sitting at the desk.

in addition to the suggestion that the light cast a shadow, I'd also soften the cone. it looks on the desk that there's a hard line where the light cone hits the desk.

Then, I'd take a look at the scale of a couple of things, namely the width of the chair, and the width of the drawers in the desk.

The chair looks like it's made for a WIDE ride, mon! I'd make it a bit narrower. and the desk drawers now have almost the proportions of flatfile drawers..both things have the effect of upsetting the scale of the scene, and making things look a bit distorted horizontally.

Oh, and I'd turn the chair a bit, too, to make it look like somebody had just gotten up and is about to return at any moment..

that whole implied narrative thing, doncha know.

just my 2 cents.

Johnny